Karma will be instituting the following measures to improve the health and safety of our entire community:
- New shortened weekday shopping hours: 10 am to 7 pm, Tuesday to Friday. Saturday and Sunday hours remain 10 am to 6 pm.
- Instituting vulnerable shopping hours for seniors and members with compromised respiratory and/or immune systems: 10 am to 11 am Tuesday through Sunday.
- Please note: Children and adults who are NOT vulnerable will NOT be permitted in the store during this time as their presence poses an increased risk to our vulnerable community members, especially seniors.
- All meetings and in-store programming are cancelled until further notice.
- Disposable gloves will be worn by all staff working in the store, handling product and cash.
- Increased, frequent sanitizing of all areas including check out will take place until this crisis passes.
- All members need to continue to be vigilant and not come to Karma unless symptom-free for 48 hours.
- Members in quarantine or unable to come into the store may send a designated shopper on their behalf. Members may also call the store, and staff will take an order over the phone and arrange a member to deliver groceries.
- Members who are able and willing to deliver groceries to other members can email manager @ karmacoop.org
- To reduce staff and member close contact, and thereby, exposure to risk of infection, we will be limiting the number of shoppers at any given time in the store to 10. Staff will be monitoring this situation, and may ask members to step outside to maintain safe social distancing.
All member labour in the store is cancelled until further notice, and we will offer a monthly labour exemption until we resume business as usual.
If you are coming in to shop, we please ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- If you are not actively shopping, please wait outside so we can stay within our 10 shopper max and allow more folks to shop. This means avoiding shopping in pairs.
- Avoid socializing in the store. We know, this is a hard one. We’re a social bunch! But we’re kindly asking that you go outside to chat with others so we can keep the flow or shoppers moving and reduce risk of exposure for all.
- If possible, do not bring children into the store. Don’t get us wrong, we ADORE your kids, but if bringing them inside can be avoided, we will keep our store safer for our vulnerable folks.
- Do not handle food unnecessarily.
- Do your best to not go within 6 feet of others.
- Do not come in if you are ill.
- Please put used bulk scoops in the designated “dirty” bins for proper washing and sterilizing after each use.
- Wash your hands!