Thank you for your interest in the e-Chronicle! The e-Chronicle is an internal publication of Karma Co-op that relies on submissions from members.
What To Write
The e-Chronicle publishes the following types of articles:
- official notices and reports from the board, the manager(s), committees, and other co-operative organizations of which Karma is a member;
- opinion articles and letters to the editor supporting or opposing particular policies or actions already taken or proposed to be taken at Karma;
- reports, opinion articles, updates, and news stories relating to the co-operative movement, the environment, and health or nutritional matters;
- general announcements; and
- information about products sold at Karma.
The e-Chronicle does not publish racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive material. Direct attacks against specific individuals — whether staff or members of Karma — will not be published.
The e-Chronicle’s word limits vary. Because articles are published as posts on the website, there is no set limit. (The limits for the print edition were 200 words for a letter to the editor, 400 words for a regular article, and 800 words for a feature piece.) Please email us first if you would like to write a feature.
When To Write It
The e-Chronicle is emailed monthly at the beginning of the month. Articles may be posted on the website at any time. The submission deadline is the 15th of each month to be included in the next issue. If we receive your content later than this, it’s no problem because we can publish it the following month.
What To Expect
The editor will edit your submission for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and readability and to impose house style. The editor will not make any changes that alter the sense of the article.
How To Submit
All article submissions must be made in Word format. Attach the Word file to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t paste your article into the email.