Interested in joining Karma? We are welcoming new members!
By joining Karma, you will become part of a member-owned, democratic co-op that provides ethically sourced, healthy, delicious food and sustainable household products to its 1,000 members. Located in the heart of the Annex, we have convenient store hours and an incredible community.
How to join Karma
1. Come visit the store – here is where to find us.
2. Attend an orientation session: In less than an hour, you will learn everything you need to know about Karma, from member labour information to products and opportunities to get involved in running the co-op. Learn about upcoming dates and sign up for a session by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Choose your membership type: Choose between a flat-rated or a percentage-rated membership – whatever best suits your lifestyle and shopping habits.
- Flat-rated members contribute two hours of work per month in exchange for paying the flat price (aka, the sticker price) on all products; or they pay a fee of $22 per month, in lieu of working two hours any particular month.
- Percentage-rated members pay a 10% surcharge on top of the flat prices on all products, but they don’t have to work two hours a month or pay the $22 fee.
4. Decide how you would like to pay your Membership Fee: Membership fees are $40 per year. Members who provide a loan save $5 per year on their membership fee (from $40 to $35). Fees can be paid annually in full, or in quarterly instalments of $10.
- Optional $100 loan -By providing an optional one-time $100 loan, you will support the future viability and sustainability of the co-op, and save 12% on your annual membership fee! Your loan is fully repayable upon leaving the co-op.
To learn more, read our Membership Handbook.[PDF]