Thank you for your interest in The Chronicle! The Chronicle is an internal publication of Karma Co-op that relies on submissions from members.
What To Write
The Chronicle publishes the following types of articles:
- official notices and reports from the board, the manager(s), committees, and other co-operative organizations of which Karma is a member;
- opinion articles and letters to the editor supporting or opposing particular policies or actions already taken or proposed to be taken at Karma;
- reports, opinion articles, updates, and news stories relating to the co-operative movement, the environment, and health or nutritional matters;
- general announcements; and
- information about products sold at Karma.
The Chronicle does not publish racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive material. Direct attacks against specific individuals – whether staff or members of Karma – will not be published.
The Chronicle’s word limits are 200 words for a letter to the editor, 400 words for a regular article, and 800 words for a feature piece. Please email us first if you would like to write a feature.
When To Write It
The Chronicle is published seasonally, four times a year. The submission deadline is approximately one month before the publication date.
What To Expect
The editor will edit your submission for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and readability and to impose house style. The editor will not make any changes that alter the sense of the article.
How To Submit
All article submissions must be made in Word format. Attach the Word file to an email addressed to email@example.com. Please don’t paste your article into the email.